Dear Taste of Peru – Washington DC 2016 attendee:
Thank you for your support to showcase the best of the Peruvian Gastronomy.
Please find below important information about the event and what to expect on that day:
- Location: The entrance to the event is through Vann Ness Street. Coming from downtown D.C. - make a left on Van Ness. Coming from Maryland - make a right on Van Ness St.
- What is the closest metro Station? Van Ness/ UDC Metro Station/ Red Line
- Event time: From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- What time should I arrive?: Doors open at 10 a.m. but a good time to get there will be around 11- 11:30am.
- Method of payment to buy food: Some vendors will take Credit Cards, the majority will take Cash.
- Will there be an ATM?: Yes, the event will have an ATM (Cash machine) on the grounds. The ATM will be located in front of the information kiosk.
- How much will I be charge for food, drinks? Each vendor will charge for food or products separately. Prices will range from $3-$10.
- Can I bring beverages, drinks, water to the event? No, It is strictly prohibited to bring any type of alcohol, sodas, drinks, bottles of water inside the premises. Taste of Peru reserves the wright to inspect any bags and backpacks, brought inside the premises were the event is taking place.
- Parking: The university has paid underground parking, the cost of the parking will fluctuate between $4-$12. The parking garage is next to the entrance to the event. Please note that there are not parking restrictions on Sunday in the District of Columbia. So if you get a legal parking you don’t have to feed the meter.
- Entertainment: There will be live entertainment located in the main plaza, starting at 11 a.m. For more information please check our website. http://tasteofperudc.com/schedule/
- Public Restrooms: If you are facing the stage, the public restrooms will be located behind the stage area towards your right, there will be signs in that area. For persons with disabilities there will be restrooms located in Building 44.(in front of the Information kiosk towards your right)
- Live cooking demonstrations: Demonstrations will begin at 12pm. The entrance to the live cooking demonstrations stage will be near where the children games are located. For a complete schedule of the cooking demonstrations, please visit: http://tasteofperudc.com/schedule/.
IMPORTANT Live Cooking Demonstrations restrictions - No children are allowed in the demonstration area. Cell phones must be turned off or in silence mode upon entering demonstrations premises. Doors will close 15 minutes before each presentations.
Those attendees wishing to enjoy a live cooking demonstration, you will need to ask for a wristband the day of the event indicating the specific presentation you would like to attend. A wristband of an specific color will be given to you, as each presentation will have a different color. The table to pick up your wristband will at the Information kiosk.There are three presentations that do not require pre-registration, they will be first come-first serve until we reach full capacity. The live cooking demonstration area has limited capacity.
Children: If you are taking your children make sure they are under your supervision at all times. Do not leave them unsupervised. Kids can run into trouble just about anywhere even in the playground.